Women on Mission

Women on Mission

is ongoing missions involvement and learning that extends across the globe. Ladies have the opportunity to participate in ministries that enable them to experience a variety of ways to serve Christ. The purpose of all Women on Mission activities is that every person has the opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.


Projects: State Missions, Prayer Walk Schools, Distribute Christian Literature, Shut-In Meals, Pine Shadows Tea, World Hunger, International Missions, Cookies for Shut-Ins, Staff Appreciation


View The Women on Mission Yearbook


Bread of Life Food Pantry

is a ministry of First Baptist Church and offers food boxes to those in need in our local community. The pantry is staffed with volunteers and the food comes only through donations given to the pantry.

Bereavement Meals

are prepared as a ministry to those who have lost loved ones. The meals are coordinated, prepared and served by the ladies of the church.

Visiting Care Facilities and Hospitals

is an opportunity to share the love of Christ with those who are not able to live at home.

Season of Prayer/State Mission Offering

is an annual event to pray, promote and give through the State Missions Offering to support our state missionaries and staff.

Prayer Walk the Local Schools

is at the beginning of each school year. A prayer walk for each of the schools is conducted to pray for the students, their parents, administrators and staff.

Distribute Christian Literature, Love Packages 

is an opportunity to share our old church literature with different countries where English is a second language. Old literature is sorted, counted and packed and labeled for shipment.

Shut In Meal Ministry

is an opportunity to prepare and deliver meals to those in our church who are at home and not able to get out for a variety of reasons.

Pine Shadows Tea

is held twice yearly at the Pine Shadows Retirement home. The residents enjoy a special time of tea and goodies prepared by the ladies group.

World Hunger

is an annual event to remember the ongoing crisis of starvation and hunger faced in our world. Out of the donation 100% of every dollar goes directly to World Hunger. 20% goes to North American Board to support hunger projects in the United States and the other 80% goes to the International Mission Board for hunger ministry, water well drilling, agricultural education, water purification and other projects.

Week of Prayer for International Missions and Lottie Moon Christmas Offering

is held once and year and the offering goes for the support of international missions.

Cookies for the Shut Ins

is an annual event for delivering cookies to those shut in at home.

Staff Appreciation

is held annually to show appreciation to the staff members of our church.

Week of Prayer for North American Missions and the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering

is the annual offering to provide for the North American Missionaries and the supplies they need to help them in their work.

Georgia Baptist Children’s Home

products are collected once a year for the needs of the children’s homes in our state.

Pure Water, Pure Love

is a ministry to provide missionaries, their families and the people they serve with new wells, water filters and water filtration systems.

VISITOR INFORMATION
CONTACT
229-776-3337
info@FBCSylvester.org
207 North Isabella Street
Sylvester, Georgia 31791


Driving Directions

SERVICE TIMES
SUNDAY
8:45 AM Early Worship Service
9:45 AM Sunday School
11AM Morning Worship Service
6 PM Evening Worship Service

WEDNESDAY
4:30 Children's Handbells
5:30 Family Night Supper
5:50 Children's Choirs
6:30 Prayer Meeting, Mission Friends, GA's, RA's, Youth, Adult Handbells
7:30 Adult Choir Rehearsal

FIND US ON FACEBOOK